Support & FAQ
Joining the Platform
This tutorial will cover the information and steps necessary to join the event virtual platform and join a session as a speaker or panelist.
>> Latest version of Chrome or Safari browser running on a laptop or desktop computer.
>> Learn how to update your Chrome browser here.
Step #1: Go to the Agenda in the top menu and then navigate to your session and click on "Join as Speaker" button.
NOTE: The "Join As Speaker" button links will be viewable as we get closer to the event. If there are no buttons visible, then it is not yet time for that event.
Step #2: If prompted: Click on "Allow" button to allow camera and microphone access. Type in your Full Name and click "Join"
Step #3: You are now "backstage". Your video screen is on the bottom. The Tech Team will be able to put you up on stage to speak when it is your turn. Until you are on the stage, you will not be able to verbally speak to the attendees.
Next, understand the Control Panel and all the options in it.
From left to right:
- Leave Session
- Microphone On / Off
- Camera On / Off
- Present Now (when you click present now and choose your presentation, the tech team will be notified and will put your screen share on the stage for attendees to see).
- Settings / More
At the top, you will see the button "Attendee View". Please do not open this during your presentation. This will open up the session in another window for viewing. You will hear an audio loop with a delay if this is open!
Please ensure these are in place to ensure a smooth experience:
- We highly recommend that all the speakers/Panelists have downloaded and are operating with Google Chrome. Please see the link above for updating your Google Chrome Browser.
- We recommend that you have stable internet connectivity for a seamless experience and conduct of the event.
- As a Speaker, please do not turn off your video during the Session unless absolutely necessary. The Tech Team is in complete control of whether the audience will see you or not. If you are "backstage" the audience will not see you.
- Reminder: General Chat will appear for you as a Speaker and is a live chat with you, the other speakers on the stage and the audience. The Panel Chat will appear for you as a Speaker and is a separate chat that includes only the Speakers on the Stage. The audience will not be able to see the Panel Chat.
- While sharing a screen to showcase your presentation, we recommend not sharing the entire screen and share a specific application window. This will allow you to take and maintain notes while the session goes on.
- We recommend you coordinate and conduct a test with the organizers for Audio and Video prior to beginning your session.
- Please be available at least 30 minutes prior to your session time and try to keep the background noise to a minimum.
- How to Present in Microsoft Powerpoint (Click to access a pdf with instructions on how to present your presentation in Microsoft Powerpoint)
- Inserting & Playing a Video File From Your Computer in Microsoft Powerpoint (Click to access a pdf with instructions on how to add or play a video to your presentation in Microsoft Powerpoint)
Looking for additional info about the platform and accessing the event as an Attendee/Participant?
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Ask Us! Click on the Tech Support tab on the right to chat ➠
Send in your question to [email protected]